In 1972, the Club of Rome’s famous report “The Limits to Growth” presented some challenging scenarios for global sustainability. Since then, environmental awareness has been increasing. Rising energy demand and price pressure on the one and climate catastrophe and ecological destruction on the other hand necessitate a new debate on Sustainable development and the alternative of a "steady state economy”.
- Ulrich Brand, University of Vienna
- James Galbraith, University of Texas at Austin,
- Stefan Löfven, Chairman Swedish SocialDemocratic Worker’s Party,
- Hans-Jürgen Urban, IG Metall executive committee,
- Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker, International Panel on Sustainable Ressource Management