A self-regulating market splits society into an economic and political sphere. Instead of fair burden-sharing and redistribution of wealth, free market fundamentalism destroys community cohesion and creates divisions in society. Today, a strong public sector is necessary, especially in fields of Education, health care and social security. Today, it’s time to stop the redistribution of wealth to the upper classes. Today, it’s time to extend democracy.
- Michael Hartmann, Technical University Darmstadt,
- Gustav Horn, IMK of the Hans-Böckler Foundation,
- Jürgen Kädtler, SOFI Göttingen,
- Helga Schwitzer, IG Metall executive committee,
- Noel Whiteside, University of Warwick