The demand for renewable energy is increasing in all of Europe. In Germany, energy transition policy has become a leading concept. In the light of this policy, renewable energy, energy efficiency and issues of sustainable development become more and more important. We want to debate the political dimensions of energy transition. Is it possible to abolish nuclear, coal, and other non-renewable energy sources in a way which is socially acceptable? Which sort of Industrial Policy is needed for a successful Structural Transformation?
- Eberhard Brandes, WWF Germany,
- Harald Frick, Group Works Councillor Conergy Germany,
- Claudia Kemfert, DIW,
- Johannes Remmel, Environment Minister of North Rhine-Westphalia,
- Nils Schnorrenberger, Member of the Managing Board of Wind Energy Agency e.V.,
- Detlef Wetzel,Vicepresident of IG Metall